Could you be Magnesium deficient? So many of us are and don’t even know it.
Three years ago I suffered with debilitating muscle spasms and muscle contractures throughout my body. It would happen day and night. You could visibly see my muscles moving repeatedly like I had a space alien living in me! At night I would hobble with knotted lower leg muscles to get out of bed to go the bathroom and cry in pain as I tried to fall back asleep. This went on for two years! I saw a multitude of doctors–MD’s, rheumatologists and neurologists. I had many tests done–blood tests, MRI’s, CT scans and EEG’s. Though the neurologist could visibly see the pain on my face and the irregular muscle contractions on my EEG, they were still baffled and could not diagnose me. One neurologist thought that MAYBE I had a form of muscular dystrophy and asked me to consider having DNA testing that would cost about $10,000. My insurance would not cover this astronomical test, so I was offered to take Gabapentin and Cymbalta to help with my symptoms.
Not happy with taking these prescription drugs at all and not having a diagnosis, I knew I had to try something else. Perhaps trying some natural products, changing my diet and getting massage would help. I had to do something!
In November 2014, I found Plexus. I started the Triplex Combo to fight inflammation in my body, balance my blood glucose levels and clean up my gut. Though I never had problems with digestion or elimination, I found out that poor gut health contributed to pain and inflammation. Sugar contributed to pain and inflammation, too! I decreased sugar and carbohydrates and begin adding more greens and lean meats. Exercise was still difficult as I dealt with pain and also a torn meniscus in the knee. My digestion was better and I eliminated the normal two to three times a day when I previously only went ONCE a day. (I know that this is TMI but it is important to know that your previous normal was NOT NORMAL!) One product I owe so much credit for my health turnaround is BIOCLEANSE! Biocleanse contains magnesium and magnesium helps the muscles!! I now can sleep an entire night without pain, muscle cramping or visible twitching of muscles in daylight hours. Yeah! (And a doctor could not figure this out….Huh?)
Plexus Ingredients 101: Biocleanse and it’s ingredient – Magnesium
As a result of our modern lifestyle, most of our bodies are burdened with toxic waste and slow metabolism. BioCleanse helps cleanse, energize, support weight loss, and relieve occasional constipation. Magnesium plays a number of roles in the body, being required for more than 325 enzymatic reactions, including those involved in the synthesis of fat, protein and nucleic acids, neurological activity, muscular contraction and relaxation, cardiac activity and bone metabolism.
Benefits of Magnesium:
1. Better sleep – The sleep regulating hormone melatonin is disturbed when Magnesium is deficient. Furthermore, Magnesium brings balance and controls stress hormones. Stress and tension are often reasons why people suffer from insomnia in the first place. (I am sleeping better!)
2. Relaxes the nervous system – Serotonin, which relaxes the nervous system and elevates mood, is dependent on Magnesium. (I am so happy and stress-free!)
3. Bigger, stronger muscles – Magnesium allows the body to produce more Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF-1), which is a major contributor to the growth and strength of muscles. Furthermore, adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is the cell’s energy store, and is created with help from Magnesium. (For sure, I am a testimony to this!)
4. Better flexibility – Magnesium loosens tight muscles. Without Magnesium, muscles do not relax properly and cramps occur. Magnesium is important for flexibility, because low Magnesium results in a buildup of lactic acid, causing pain and tightness. (Yes!)
5. Bone integrity and strength – Magnesium helps to fix calcium properly. It may blow some people’s mind that the calcium supplements they’re taking are not only useless, but are actually contributing to osteoporosis! There are actually about eighteen essential nutrients that contribute to bone health; Magnesium is definitely one of the most essential, because it stimulates a particular hormone called calcitonin. And, it also suppresses a hormone called parathyroid that breaks down bone.
6. Remineralizes teeth – Magnesium deficiency causes an unhealthy balance of phosphorous and calcium in saliva, which damages teeth.
7. Alkalizes the body – Magnesium helps return the body’s pH balance. Magnesium reduces lactic acid, which is partly responsible for post-exercise pain (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness).
8. Hydrates – Magnesium is a necessary electrolyte essential for proper hydration. 🙂
9. Helps to relieve constipation – Magnesium can be used to cleanse the bowels of toxins. (I am going 2-3 x a day!)
10. Enzyme function – Enzymes are protein molecules that stimulate every chemical reaction in the body. Magnesium is required to make hundreds of these enzymes work and assists with thousands of others. (WOW!)
11. Diabetes – Magnesium enhances insulin secretion, which facilitates sugar metabolism. Without Magnesium, glucose is not able to transfer into cells. Glucose and insulin build up in the blood, causing various types of tissue damage, including the nerves in the eyes. (The Slim in the Triplex combo helps with balancing blood sugars and insulin stabilization too!)
I am so thankful that I found Plexus and took my health into my own hands. I love helping others as they work to improve their health naturally. Let me help you.