Spicy, tangy Buffalo cauliflower served with a creamy buttermilk-herb dip — everyone will be raving about these addictive party bites at your next get-together. Want more to love? They are a lightened-up alternative to the traditional Buffalo wing appetizer, which can add up to 600+ calories in a single serving
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
For the Buttermilk-Herb Dip
- 1/4 cup (65 grams) plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried or fresh chopped dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
For the cauliflower
- 3/4 cup (95 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (245 grams) nonfat buttermilk or nonfat milk
- 1 large head (585 grams) cauliflower, cut into florets (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Combine dip ingredients in a small bowl, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place a cooling rack on top, and coat lightly with cooking spray.
Whisk together flour, garlic powder and buttermilk in a large bowl. Add cauliflower, tossing to coat. Shake excess batter from cauliflower, and place florets on rack. Discard any remaining batter.
Bake 20 minutes. Carefully remove cauliflower from baking sheet with tongs, and toss in hot sauce. Return to rack, and bake another 10–12 minutes, or until cauliflower browns on edges.
Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately with Buttermilk-Herb Dip.
Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 1 cup florets plus 1 tablespoon dipping sauce
Per serving: Calories: 129; Total Fat: 1g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 195mg; Carbohydrate: 24g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 7g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 545mg; Iron: 10%; Vitamin A: 9%; Vitamin C: 113%; Calcium: 11%
Recipe from Myfitnesspal’s Original Recipe and Hello Healthy blog