Look. I TOTALLY get how one may feel this way! “I eat clean and work out. I’m healthy! I don’t need health supplements!”
Though I cannot personally vouch for this, I have had many health-nut friends feel this way, at first, too! I KNOW I need supplements because I have been unhealthy for years. I ate tons of fast food, didn’t get enough exercise, never drank water and have suffered from being obese a good part of my life. BUT here’s what I’ve found as to why supplementation ARE SO important and can help those who think they have it altogether by eating clean and hitting the gym daily! ??
1. Current commercial agriculture techniques leave soil deficient in important minerals, causing the food grown in this soil to share the same mineral deficiencies.
2. Many foods are shipped long distances and are stored for long periods of time, both of which cause the depletion of vitamins in these foods, including the important B-complex and C vitamins.
3. Food processing, cooking, and preserving leads to nutrient depletion in our food supply that makes it difficult to obtain adequate nutrition from foods alone.
4. Many fruits and vegetables are genetically bred to improve visual appeal and crop yields, not nutritional value, which frequently results in lesser nutritional values than our ancestors’ food supply.
5. Erratic eating habits, insufficient chewing of food, eating on the run, and stress contribute to poor digestion, making it difficult for our bodies to extract all the nutrients it needs from food.
6. Pharmaceutical drug use has escalated over time. Most medications deplete essential nutrients, making people more vulnerable to deficiencies.
7. Specific times in life and health conditions may result in higher needs of certain nutrients. For example, folic acid needs tend to be higher during pregnancy, while menopausal women may be vulnerable to calcium deficiencies.
8. Increasing levels of environmental pollution in our air, water and food may cause our bodies to use more nutrients than normal to detoxify and eliminate harmful substances. This is especially true of the antioxidant vitamins, some of which include: the “ACE Vitamins:” Vitamins A, C, and E.
9. We all have genetic weaknesses, including higher needs of some nutrients, higher rates of depletion for certain nutrients, and an increased likelihood of genetic expression of some illnesses if vitamin or mineral deficiencies are present.
10. Many nutrients have been proven to aid in the improvement of many, many, many health conditions! Google it to find out all of the different conditions nutrients can help with!
Plexus products truly help with KEY health and wellness issues! Root level health!! Honestly, I didn’t know what healthy felt like until I ACTUALLY was healthy. Plexus did that for me and it can do it for you. #plexuschangeslives #makeahealthychoice #cleandietandexerciseisnotalwaysenough
If you are interested in adding supplements to your healthy lifestyle, I would love to help you choose the right ones for you. You can also visit my website for product information: http://www.shopmyplexus.com/LisaJSchuster